Amazing Facts #1: Water
- A person can live without food for more than a month, but a person can
only live about one week without water! One week!
- To stay healthy, a person needs to consume about 2.5 gallons of water
- You probably don’t realize it, but when you eat certain foods you
get a lot of water. Take the pineapple…it’s 80% water or the
tomato…it’s 95 % water or the ear of corn…that’s 80% water. Just
think, we could even get water by eating – YUCK – an elephant because
elephants are 70% water
- On average, each person uses between 60-100 gallons of water each day.
That means each of us uses between 21,900 – 36,500 gallons of water per
- Because everything we eat uses water, it takes about 1.6 million
gallons of water to feed one person for a year, in the USA
- It could easily take between 500-2,000 gallons of water to produce a
typical meal in the USA
- For more amazing facts, visit